High School Graduation Party Ideas
April 02, 2012
Graduating from High School is a big event in a person's life! With all the excitement of taking a new step forward comes the bittersweet feeling of saying goodbye to the wonderful, fun years of high school. It is a memorable event for both - the graduate and the parents, and deserves a grand celebration.
I thought this was a good time to share some tips about planning a high school graduation party so that it is a good experience for the parents and the child (I know, I know, you are all grown up and graduating and stuff but you will always be your parents' child no matter what!!)
1. Have an interesting theme - Center your party around a theme or style that reflects the graduate's personality. And dare to be different! Anything from disco, ancient history, Harry Potter, luau to fairy tale characters could work. You can make it as casual or formal as you want.
2. Work your invites, cake, tableware, decorations and return favors into the theme and mood of the party.
3. Talk to your kid about the guest list. Make sure he/she is comfortable with it. Open House parties are popular too!
4. A great way to save money and share the planning is to get together with a few friends and throw a joint party.
5. Pick some cool music! Again, it should be something the graduate loves and relates to. Live music is great but if you have a tight budget, shop at iTunes or Amazon and get a great collection of songs for the party.
6. Food is of great importance at any party. Finger foods are easy to manage and eat at an action-packed celebration. With food allergies on the rise, it is a good idea to have some nut-free and shellfish-free options on the table. Whatever you decide, just keep it simple :-)
7. Save your memories from the party! Don't forget to click pictures. Get a T-shirt, card, pillow, or a guestbook and have it signed by everyone. Years later, it will be interesting to read what everyone wrote and the pictures will leave you with a great scrapbooking project.
8. Make the party memorable with a beautiful graduation montage DVD made with the graduate's photos through the years! Not only will this be an amazing show to watch at the party, but it will be a perfect keepsake that will bring a smile on your face when you play it again down the years or show it to your grandchildren :)
9. Have a party checklist and note down thoughts and ideas to keep the planning stress-free.
10. Don't forget to enjoy yourself! This is your day too along with your graduate's, and you deserve to have an exciting time as well. Relax and feel proud of your child as he moves forward in life, preparing himself to achieve new heights.
Thank you and Keep Smiling!
Play a musical Slideshow DVD custom made from YOUR pictures!
Great for Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays and more...
Click here for Samples
More Blog Posts
Including Audio Video Picture Files in Slideshows
Popular Wedding Themes and Trends
Where to Get Your Slideshow Made
3 Simple Tips for Shooting Great Videos
How to Select Perfect Pictures for your Slideshow
Harry Potter Pumpkin for Halloween
Make Your Wedding Celebrations Pop
Unique Icy Winter Projects
Movie Night Birthday Party Ideas for Kids
Communication Etiquettes for Weddings
Reading for Elementary School Kids
Wedding Traditions From Around The World
Family Karaoke for 50th Anniversary Slideshow
Cool Pinata DIY and Fun Facts
Long Distance Valentines Day Celebrations
My 10 Favorite Holiday Family Traditions
Birthday Party Themes
Romantic Getaway in Yosemite
Sweet Sixteen Unique Celebration Ideas
5 Tips for Brides 30 Days Countdown to the Wedding
Unique Venues for Weddings
Birthday Party Evites or Invites
High School Graduation Party Planning
Planning a Beach Wedding
Fun Ideas to Celebrate Valentines Day with Kids
Welcome to the Smiling Snaps Blog